Thursday, February 8, 2007

My Flickr Slideshow

I was trying out some widgetbox widgets the other day on the blog. But in the end I decided to remove them. They made the page really slow to load and they didn't offer enough design flexibility (i.e the ads didn't fit in and I couldn't get rid of them). The widget I was particularly interested in was a Flickr slideshow.


All the photos I use on this blog are hosted by Flickr. My Flickr account is a rather eclectic mix of photos. Which is why it's great that you can filter them with tags. Anyway I liked the idea of a Flickr slideshow widget so much I decided to make my own. You should be able to see it in action at the bottom of the sidebar. I have it setup to show my photos tagged as flower. But it can get anyones public photos with multiple tags if necessary. Selecting the slideshow should take you to that images Flickr page


Web development is my day job. But work projects are never this simple. It was kind of relaxing to have a small programming exercise. It's the same reason I started to get more involved in the garden. It's good to come home and work on something a bit simpler.

No comments: